The WIOA Youth Program, NEXTGEN, provides training and development services to eligible individuals ages 16-24. The major focus of the program is to connect in-school and out-of-school youth to career readiness, career guidance, remediation, community resources and employment and training opportunities. The NEXTGEN Program provides skills necessary to gain and retain employment, directs individuals to careers that are in demand and promotes employment advancement to become self-sufficient. Participants receive one-on-one assistance from a Career Advisor that creates a service strategy to obtain career goals.
- Not sure of a career path or which occupation to go into?
- Need to know which companies are hiring in your area?
- Want to know where the jobs are?
- Need additional skills, training or direction to obtain the job you want?
- Need additional work experience?